HALSPO required a multi-disciplined team to deliver an Integrated Work Package (IWP) under a fixed price, fixed term proposal. Praxis Aerospace partnered with SME Gateway to delivery the outcomes required under the IWP.
What We Did:
- Provided engineering and project management support to the HALSPO Project Management Unit. (PMU)
- Completed a review and re-prioritisation of existing KC-30A projects.
- Mentoring of Commonwealth and NGA-TS Project Managers
- Identified an emerging capability gap for a key KC-30A mission system and obtained Capability Manager representative
- Completed detailed planning and options development for future KC-30A upgrades including scope, cost modelling and schedule development.
- Development of Joint Capability Needs Statements, Project Execution Strategies and Project Directives for all endorsed KC-30A capability upgrades.
- Supported reform of the HALSPO Project Management Framework.
- Supported Pre Gate 0 activities for the Air Mobility Capability Assurance Program.
- Provided Project Management support and reporting to all KC-30A and C-17A projects
- Provided input into various aircraft management boards at SPO, Wing and Group level.
- Developed a 10-year capability development roadmap for the KC-30A MRTT
- Completed rationalisation of 30+ projects to top 10 projects prioritised and resourced to deliver capability outcomes to Air Mobility Group (AMG).
- $35+ Mil in capability development funding secured for KC-30A.
- Established the KC-30A Service Life Extension Program through defining of project scope, budget and schedule and establishing a contract with Airbus DS to implement the multi-year and multi-million dollar project.
- Established an international agreement between Australia and the UK to collaborate on future MRTT upgrades.